Librarian Training Project with Uni.e.s pour apprendre – United for Learning
Taking advantage of the spotlight placed on Guinea with the 2017 World Book Capital in Conakry, Hope of Guinea and United for Learning hosted a weeklong librarian training for librarians from all over Guinea in September 2017. Librarians from the four regions of Guinea and 12 prefectures participated the training. The training had 5 major components:
1) Management (organization, checking out system, etc.)
2) Community activities and programs
3) Library and school collaboration
4) Digital reading with tablets, smartphones, and computers
5) Reinforcing the librarian network in the country
As part of the training, an online librarian forum was created so that librarians can continue to collaborate and share ideas and resources. The trainees also received kindle fire tablets for their libraries to use for programs, activities, and for monitoring and evaluation.
Check out all the photos here!